1.04.2015

CHROMEO

If you haven't noticed there is a little tab up there that says "MUSIC". That is because I love finding music and sharing it. Am I some sort of connoisseur or musically talented? NO. But I know what I like and I want others to enjoy it too. Lately I have been enjoying the beats of CHROMEO.

They would play this specific album (White Women) at work and I had no idea who they were but every time a song of theirs would come on I would jam and dance embarrassingly (scaring customers away). Finally I remembered to look them up on youtube and I fell head over heels in love. 

I've heard them be classified as electro funk and personally I think that is an oversimplification. Who knows what genre they fall under but all I know is I love it. As I said, I am no connoisseur so I don't know the specifics, all I know that their funky beats, smooth synthesizers, sweet guitar, and fabulous vocals make a beautiful combination. They have this sound that when you listen to a song, it's as if you already know it and love it. I have yet to purchase their work I have only been enjoying it through the magic that is Spotify but I know I want to get their albums and if possible a vinyl would be rad.

Not only is their music phenomenal but their style! 




You could say I'm in love. Here are some of my favorite songs from their most recent album.




 



Take a listen and fall in love yourself

p.s. they replied to me on twitter. How cool are they????